We're nearing the end of summer, and although that alone makes me feel like crying, I'm happy that there are lots of events in September and October (and there have been times where these months too are reasonably warm), so let's not lose hope right away.
September begins with the Fantasy Filmfest (September 2nd to 9th at Zoo Palast), of course, and I have to say I love the selection! I already made a post here reviewing the trailers, but some titles have been added since then, and I'm so crazy happy that Hokum is among them! I have been trying to find a way to watch this film for months now because it has been shown in the US already and I was upset that we would never get the chance here. I will not see every festival movie, but I haven't really had a vacation this year, so I saved a little bit money and will try to see as many movies as I'm interested in without holding back.Right after the FFF there is the Swampfest at Neue Zukunft in Friedrichshain and here you can rock to all the good music and hidden gems, plus, it has a special curation made by our very own Final Girls Berlin. So don't forget to drop by the swamp conspiracy on September 10 to 12.The Creepy Crypt has announced its September films too, and although I've seen most of them, they're all films I would recommend in a heartbeat: The Blob on September 5 (unfortunately collides with FFF), Crazy Old Lady on September 12 (unfortunately collides with Swampfest), Queens of the Dead on September 19 (I recently saw this one during my jury duty at the Final Girls) and finally Strange Harvest September 26. I haven't seen Strange Harvest yet and I think I want to see it in the cinema, so if I'm not too tired I'll go. But no worries because it will have a regular release and be shown in Yorck after that.October opens its noir doors with a screening of Hitchcock's masterpiece Vertigo at the Boulevard Noir.
And October opens its scary doors at the Obscura Filmfestival on the 16th and 17th at the Zoo Palast. This little festival showcases niche and genre films from all over the world that are true hidden gems and you won't have the opportunity to see somewhere else.
On Saturday October 24, at 7.30 pm, Joe Hill and Thomas Olde Heuvelt are going to be holding a joint event at Wasserturm Berlin (Kopischstr. 7, 10965 Berlin). I'm very curious about this combination and how it came to be, and I occasionally read some Hill though I'm not his biggest fan, so I'll still be going.After that I will probably need to do a new post for everything that's happening on Halloween, because there are no announced events yet, except that, of course, the Final Girls Berlin will be at the City Kino Wedding, and I will be there too.
Let's look at what horror movies will have a release in Germany this fall. Hope October 8, is a South Korean action/thriller kind of movie and I kind of like the trailer, so I will watch it at some point. Other movies with release dates: Other Mommy October 29, Crazy Old Lady October 29, Strange Harvest November 05, Unholy Night December 03. I am hoping very much for a Train to Busan re-release in cinemas because of the film's tenth birthday, but I haven't seen any announcements for Germany yet. Movies that I'm looking forward to but don't have a release date are; Werwulf by Robert Eggers (I don't know why I keep turning back to this director, I dislike most of his work but keep on hoping it will spark for me in the next movie), The Cycle, Colony, Grin and Onslaught.
So there's a lot to look forward to, I'm especially psyched about the first stop ahead, Fantasy Filmfest.



Comments
Post a Comment