Please, as usual, have a little drink for us to celebrate this occasion!
I have a little present for you guys too, namely a giveaway. I have started and dnf'ed quite a few books this year. Plus, I recently scanned my shelves and added some of my older science fiction/horror books to the pile. Reach out to me through the usual means if you want to have any of the books, and don't hesitate! I'm giving them away gladly to someone who will enjoy them more than I do. Have a great time!
👉The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov. I've had so many people, including family members, tell me insistently to read this classic and I finally gave in. I don't even know how it is possible to read this book and like it, at least for me.👉Perfection by Vincenzo Latronico. The author follows a couple of expats who live in Berlin as digital nomads and move in the same circles enjoying their "perfect" lives all the while profiting from certain opportunities that are extended to only people like them. I have known people like this galore, so the book was more reality for me than fiction.
👉Flesh by David Szalay. I think I have ranted somewhere about this book already, I didn't necessarily like it and certainly don't need to have it.
👉We Are All Completely Fine by Daryl Gregory. I actually really really like this book about a group therapy of toture victims, and should no one take it, I think I'll put it back to its place. I already regret putting it up here.
👉Pandemonium by Daryl Gregory. A historical urban fantasy by the same author, set in the 50s in a world of random demon possessions.
👉Unamerica by Cody Goodfellow. I adore reading Goodfellow's short stories and thought I would love his novel too. I didn't.
👉The Last Werewolf by Glen Duncan. A purchase I made during my Werewolf-phase, but I don't really have to have this book anymore.
👉Diaspora by Greg Egan. A birthday present, but truth is I don't think I'm smart enough to read, understand and enjoy Egan.
👉Bir Gün, Gece by Mine G. Kırıkkanat. A book I carried with me all the way from Istanbul, only to realize it's not my cup of tea.
👉The Searching Dead by Ramsey Campbell. I somehow have outgrown Ramsey Campbell, so I want to get rid of this, and the following book;
👉Obsession, also by Ramsey Campbell. And finally,
👉 Mindplayers by Pat Cadigan. Again, a present. I don't think I'll ever get to read this, though.
So, my friends, there are enough books for all, just let me know if one of these interests you!

Comments
Post a Comment